Facts of India, Unique Information of India, Wonderful things in India, Indian Unique Historical Information
* India has the highest bridge in the world . It is called Bailey Bridge and is located in Ladakh between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayas.
* Before 1986, India was the only place in the world where Diamonds could be found.
* The world's first University was established in India . The University was established in 700 B.C. at the place of Taxila.
* The biggest and the largest employer in the world is Indian Railways which employs over a million people.
* India has the highest cricket ground in the world. It is located in the northern state of India called Himachal Pradesh. The cricket ground is 2444
meters above the sea level and was built in 1893.
* Most important studies of Mathematics like calculus, trigonometry and algebra were originated in India.
* Taj Mahal which is among the seven wonders of the world is in India. Taj Mahal was built over a long period of 11 years.
India has the most number of post offices in the world.
10 Interesting facts about India:
* The famous board game, called Chess, was invented in India.
* In India's 100,000 years of history, it has never invaded any other country.
* India is the 7th largest country in the world, the largest democracy and one of the oldest civilizations.
* India was one of the richest countries in the world before the British invasion in 17th century.
* The value of "pi" used in mathematics was first calculated by the Indian mathematician Budhayana in 6th century.
*India is one of the largest exporter of computer software products. It exports software to over 90 countries.
* India is home to the world's largest pilgrimage destination called the Vishnu Temple. The temple is located in the city of Tirupati. About an average of 30,000 people visit this temple donating about $6 million US dollars, everyday.
* India originated Yoga about 5,000 years ago.
* India has the most number of mosques. It has 300,000 mosques which is much more than the Muslim world.
* Christians and Jews have been living in India since 52 A.D. and 200 B.C. respectively.
Fact About IT
* It is believed that in the next 3 years, up to 25% of the world's population living in New York will be Indians.
* As per Goldman Sachs, India's GDP per ca pita will multiply 4 times from 2007 to 2020.
* According to the recent study, the price of properties in big cities of India like, Mumbai and Delhi has more than doubled in the past 18 months.
* Since 2006, the technology hub of India called Bangalore has increased its office supply 6 times and now has more Grade-A offices than Singapore.
* The outsourced IT services to India amount towards a $47 billion dollar industry which is almost half of the total outsourced IT services.
* India has spent $50 billion dollars on arms and other defense related material over the last decade making it the world's 2nd largest importer of arms.
* India is one of the biggest movie market and is bigger than America and Canada put together. India sold around 3.2 billion movie tickets in 2010.
Facts about HIV and AIDS in India
* 1.1 billion: This is the approximate population of India.
* 20-25 million: This is the Projected number of HIV/AIDS cases in India by the year 2010.
( Source: UNAIDS / WHO, HIV / AIDS Crisis in India )
With the burden of current disease, HIV/AIDS will come out as the largest cause of mortality in this decade.
(Source: UNAIDS )
* Over 100,000 pregnant women with HIV give birth every year in India. Almost one woman in three passes the infection to her baby. The numbers of HIV +ve women are increasing.
* Mother -to- child transmission can be prevented with early intervention. It can be done with a combination of low-cost and short-term preventive drug treatment. Also, safe delivery practices, counseling and support and safe infant-feeding methods can be done.
* India has 10% of the world's HIV/AIDS population.
Sexual transmission 85.72%
Perinatal transmission 3.14%
Blood and blood products 2.17%
Injectable drug users 2.95%
Other ( unspecified ) 6.02%
* Men contribute towards the majority of the HIV/AIDS population in India, outranking women by a ratio of 2:1.
* The majority of the people who are infected are between the ages of 15 and 50. They are those members of the society who are most economically productive.